Blood Glucose Kit
The Self-monitoring of your own blood glucose level is extremely important if you are someone living with diabetes.
Diabetes is a common condition in which there is too much glucose (sugar) in your blood. Your body needs a hormone called insulin to help the glucose move from your blood into your cells where your body can use it as energy. Insulin is made by a gland in your body called your pancreas.
What would I need to test blood glucose?
Specific Medical Solutions introduces to South Africa state-of-the-art products for people living with diabetes.
Comprising 4 products, the self-monitoring blood glucose products are:
- The Glucometer device
- A lancing pen
- Lancets (needles)
How can I know for certain this product is of exceptionally high quality?
- CE marked
- ISO certified (European Quality Standards)
- American Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved
- Comes with a 5-year guarantee
What are the advantages of this test kit?
- Blood glucose results display in less than 8 seconds once the drop of blood has entered the test strip.
- Drawing blood with the lancing device is virtually pain-free as there is a depth gauge present. The Lancing device clicks audibly as the depth gauge is rotated. This is very beneficial for people who battle with their eye-sight.
- Over time, the Test-Strips will never jam in the Glucometer which has been the case with other brands.
- Blood is easily and carefully fed into the Test-strips so the entire process is clean and efficient.
- After the test results display, blood remains securely inside the test strip. At this point the test-strip is ejected with the touch of a button unlike other Glucometer. Surfaces are therefore left clean and free of blood. Test-Strips can be ejected and discarded directly into a bin after use.
- All the results can be downloaded to your PC.